Monday 22 October 2012

Fused Glass - Wire Wrapped Pendants

A few months ago I attended a glass fusing class at Bedwas Adult Education Centre and spent a few hours learning a brand new technique that I knew very little about but absolutely loved having a  go at. My humble attempts can be seen at the end of this post but first I'd like to share the results of a joint effort. Ann is the talented tutor at Bedwas and she very kindly donated a few of her glass pieces to see what pendants I could create with them and some wire wrapping.
Of course I couldn't  just make pendants with such lovely pieces so I created finished necklaces, choosing beads and colours to complement the glass.
Autumn Mix


    
Secret Potion           
Glitter Bug
Electric Heart
Sweetie Box
These designs are now on display at Bedwas Adult Education Centre. I am currently offering workshops here in a range of jewellery making styles and if you are interested in learning a new skill, take a  look at their Facebook page for what is on offer or email me. Future workshops I am taking include a bead and chain necklace & dangle earrings, charm ring & brooch. A wire wrapping class is also planned and 2013 will hopefully see a longer, accredited course available for those wanting to take their skills to a higher level.
Glass classes with Ann and other beadwork sessions are available with various tutors,
I hope you are inspired to join in. Here's my attempts, waiting to be turned into finished designs.







1 comment:

  1. This is very nice blog regarding to PTLLS Course .Of course it is far essential for you to be well trained before seeking for a job...

    ReplyDelete