Monday 25 June 2012

Carers Day Event

Last Friday I had the pleasure of joining carers from the Caerphilly County area at an event set up by the local Council. The day was held at The New Cottage Dance Centre in Blackwood and involved lots of people offering pamper treatments and the chance to try some making skills.

I met some fantastic people who showed lots of patience with me as I had underestimated just how popular making jewellery would be! Things I learnt for next time: Everyone enjoyed choosing their own beads but I may need to focus on just one or two items to make so I can get around more people.

  I was really impressed with everyone's creativity 
and I hope they were inspired to do more. 
The ladies very kindly agreed to have some pics done and here are some of their designs.














 I've saved the best 'til last, special mention goes to the lovely Katie who showed a natural eye and talent for designing jewellery and produced these gorgeous designs with almost no help from me! Katie was great company and helped keep my feet on the ground when I was trying to work out how to split myself in five to get around everyone and bringing me a much needed orange juice as I'd not stopped for a break...thank you Katie :)

This event was organized by CCBC Carers Support and anyone looking for further info on their services can click here to check out their website page.

No comments:

Post a Comment