Saturday 7 January 2012

Making Jewellery Magazine Issue 37 February - On Sale Now

A lovely start to 2012 for Chilichic with another step-by-step feature printed in 'Making Jewellery' Magazine this month. It was a last minute project and the idea came from some pretty wrapping paper I'd recently used. I've become a  bit 'girly' since having our daughter (!) and love butterlflies so thought I'd see if I laminated the images could they be used in a jewellery design. The results can be seen in the magazine and I have to say it was the most fun I've had making anything...a simple idea that could be developed further and evolve with time and experimenting. Next time I would opt for a very thick laminating sheet for better rigidity and by using original images it would really personalise the design.



This month's issue is packed with fantastic ideas for Valentine jewellery and as always I am very impressed with Clair Wolfe's silver work..lovely designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment